Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Non-legalese, Simple English Summary
- You provide your personal information (email, phone number, etc.) to us while creating an account with us. We store that information reliably. We use that information to serve you.
- When you use our services, we collect some personally identifiable data to serve you.
- This policy specifies the data collected by us, the manner of collection, and your rights with respect to your personal data.
- This policy is applicable only to you and not visitor’s of your website/app.
- You (and/or your users) have an option to opt out from being tracked by our services.
1. Privacy Commitment
We keep Your personal information private and believe privacy is a fundamental human right. We are committed to provide You with products, information, controls, and transparency that allow You to choose how Your information is collected and used. This is especially important as technology progresses and privacy laws evolve.
We live in a time where digital technology profoundly impacts our lives, from the way we connect with each other to how we interpret our world. To thrive in this privacy-focused era, You need a trusted partner who can help You not only overcome these challenges but make the most of the opportunities that lie ahead. Our privacy commitment is uniquely positioned to help You meet Your compliance obligations. We know that one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to privacy, that’s why we have created robust privacy principles framework which provides You with Edistera’s approach to privacy and we shall continue to shape the way we build our products, services, our processes, and our people keeping our Customer’s and User’s information private, safe and secure.
We do not “sell” our customer’s personal information to anyone, meaning that we also do not rent, disclose, release, transfer, make available or otherwise communicate said personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. We may share aggregated and /or anonymized information regarding Your usage of the Service(s) with third parties to help us develop and improve the Services and provide our customers with more relevant content and service offering as detailed in our Customer agreements.
- When we receive personal information, we maintain high ethical standards and take steps to handle such information in a responsible manner that is consistent with data protection laws, our core values and business objectives.
We collect many kinds of data/information to operate effectively and provide You the best products, services, and experiences possible. We collect this information when You register, sign in, and/or use our Website and Edistera Services. We collect this information in a variety of ways, including web forms, technologies like cookies, web logging, and/or other direct and indirect method.
We receive and process information (in verbal, written and electronic form) in accordance with our Customers instructions for providing services to end users.
3. What Information do we collect or maintain?
We collect two types of information: personally-identifiable and non-personally identifiable to operate effectively. We may use aforementioned types of information to create aggregate information (collectively referred to as “automated information”). The information can be categorised as below
3.1. Information provided deliberately
3.1.1. We do collect domain information from Your visit to customize and improve Your experience on our Website as a User, Customer, or Attendee. The type of information we may collect includes:
- Your name, email address, phone number, and other contact information (browser type and version, country, etc). In some cases, we may request additional information where You may receive such request from Us. Some of the ways in which We may collect information from You are:
- Registrations for/from webinars, webcasts, podcasts, seminars, conferences, etc., sponsored by Us or a partner.
- Subscription to Our blog, newsletters, whitepapers, eBooks or other Services related content.
- Information submitted through purchases, demo request, support request, contact request, sales or pricing query or free-trial signups of Edistera Services (either on Your own or on behalf of Your company).
3.1.2. Information You submit through any other web forms and website pages
On the Website, You can pose inquiries or get in touch with Us through web forms, ordering pages, signing up for one of Our online or offline events or for one of Our content including ebooks, whitepapers, case studies or one of our free tools, subscribing to Our blogs and event alerts, or by registering for services.
We will use this information to manage User subscriptions and to inform Users about Edistera Services and information that may be of interest unless Users informed Us that they no longer wish to receive any promotional material from Us.
We collect and use this information for a legitimate interest purpose (or if different, wherever required, by obtaining Your prior consent). We store this data for the period necessary to pursue the purposes outlined in this section, or as permitted by applicable statutory laws.
3.1.3. Your inquiries sent by email
We appreciate Your queries about Edistera Services and welcome Your email messages to mailboxes listed on the Website. We will share Your messages with concerned employees within Our organization that are most capable of addressing the issues contained in Your message. We will keep a copy of Your message until we have had an opportunity to address Your concerns. We may archive Your message for a certain period or discard it, as appropriate or as required by applicable data retention laws.
Users of the Website are neither asked and are simultaneously requested not to provide sensitive personal information (personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, or biometric data for uniquely identifying a natural person, information concerning health or information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation), through our Website, or Edistera Services, Company Official or otherwise.
We can also collect personal information from Users to the Website, including automated information collected in server log files or 3rd party tools (as outlined in section 3.2 below); along with personal information deliberately provided by the Website user through web forms, subscription pages, and other similar means; and personal information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies.
3.1.4. Double Opt-in procedure for EU users
The sign-up to receive our content, newsletters, invitations, and other information takes place in a so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e., after signing up, You will receive an email in which You will be asked to confirm Your registration. The registrations data is logged to be able to verify the registration. This includes Your name, email address, the time of registration and confirmation, and Your IP address.
3.2. Information collected automatically
When You use the Website, We automatically collect Your IP address, traffic source, search keywords, page views, visits, location (aggregated), browser and operating systems (aggregated), device (aggregated), as well as other connection information like time and transferred information (collectively referred to as “Automated Information”), automatically collected information from You is:
- the pages You have accessed on Our Website and the subsequent actions taken on them including clicks, time spent, form fills, sign-ins, purchases, and other browsing events
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address that You use to access the Internet
- Your device and operating system
- preceding page/source from where You reached Our Website
- the date and time of Your access
For these purposes, we make accessible and share automated information with our security team (for security and prosecution purposes), supervisory authorities, and qualified personnel (product, marketing, analytics) having access to the tools that are used for collecting and analyzing automated information (Google Analytics and others, see below in sections “Google Analytics” and “Marketing automation and customer relationship management (CRM).”
We store the information required for security and prosecution purposes on a legitimate interest basis and the information required for product, marketing, and analytics purposes (legitimate interest or where required, by obtaining Your prior consent), for the period necessary to pursue the purposes outlined in this section, or as permitted by statutory applicable laws.
4. How do we use your information?
- We use the information collected to provide You with Edistera Services requested and to contact You about Your interest in the Edistera Services; to verify Your information; and to plan and host corporate webinars, and discussions on online forums, and social networks.
- We may also aggregate Your information with data that is separately provided by You on social media and third-party websites, if visible to third parties. We may also use data from Users, Customers, and Attendees for marketing purposes. For example, we may use the information You provide to contact You to further discuss Your interest in the Edistera Services and to send You information regarding Edistera, its affiliates, and its partners, such as information about promotions or events.
- When We collect information such as Your name or other details about You, it is Our practice to provide You with information on how the information will be used if that is not immediately apparent. When We ask You to provide Your information through a registration page or otherwise, You will have the option to not consent to the use of Your personal information to contact You, in which case You may still be able to access other portions of this website, although You may not be able to access certain sections or services.
5. Legal bases for processing
Service delivery Site operation
Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our operation of the Site or the provision of the Services, or to take steps that you request prior to engaging our Services. Where we cannot process your personal data as required to operate the Site or Services on the grounds of contractual necessity, we process your personal information for this purpose based on our legitimate interest in providing you with the Services you access and request.
Processing is based on your consent where that consent is required by applicable law. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Service. Where such consent is not required by applicable law, we process your personal information for these purposes based on our legitimate interests in promoting our business.
Research & Development
Processing is based on our legitimate interests in performing research and development to improve our services and develop new services.
Compliance & Protection
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or based on our legitimate interests in protecting our or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property.
Other purposes with your consent
Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Service.
6. How We Share your Personal Information
- Advertising partners. We work with third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our services (including, through interest-based advertising), and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services they render to us.
- Compliance and protection. We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials or private parties (a) for the compliance and protection purposes described above; (b) as required by law, lawful requests or legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (c) where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation; and (d) to prosecute or defend legal claims.
7. What are our security and confidentiality levels for your Information?
We follow security by design baked into our services to protect Your information
We back ourselves up with robust data security and privacy practices that form an integral part of our product engineering and service delivery principles. Security is at the heart of how we build our products and process Your data to provide high resiliency. We have top-down governance and security in our DNA that lets us constantly wade through our threat vectors and calibrate to strengthen our security posture. That way, we align with the changing business and technology landscape.
We have implemented appropriate organizational, technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, integrity, and privacy of Personal Information and Customer Data within our organization.
8. Information Retention
We will also retain and use Your information for long as necessary to resolve disputes and/or enforce our rights and agreements. Non-personally identifiable and aggregated information may be stored for a longer duration.
9. What are our practices regarding cookies?
- Cookies are small files stored on Your computer and are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a User. We place cookies in a User’s/Customer’s browser to identify the User/Customer. If You do not wish to provide any information through cookies to us, You may choose not to use the Edistera services. We may also collect and store information locally on Your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage.
- Cookies Consent Manager: We provide all information regarding third-party cookies through our cookie consent manager on the Website. You may opt-out of cookie-based tracking activities.
We have entered into data processing agreements as required with third-party recipients to protect Your personal information and interests. In these data processing agreements, the service providers undertake measures to protect the data of our users, to process it on our behalf in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations and, in particular, not to pass the information on to third parties. We thus ensure that Your information is processed at a level of applicable data protection that corresponds to the level of data protection in the EU/European Economic Area and other areas.
10. Notice to Users of our Customers and End Users of Websites
i. Users of our Customers Websites and Edistera Services: When our customers use the Edistera Services as part of their own websites, apps, and services, they may collect information from You using our services, but they remain responsible for their own privacy and security practices. We are not responsible for our customers privacy and security practices, which may differ from ours. If You have used one of our customers websites or services, and You would like to access, correct or delete the personal information collected through that services, You should direct Your request to the applicable customer.
ii. Users of Edistera Services: The Edistera Services are primarily intended for use by organizations. Where the Services are made available to You through an organization (such as Your employer), that organization is responsible for administering the accounts over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct Your information privacy and security questions and requests to Your administrator. We are not responsible for the privacy and security practices of Your administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy.
11. How to Exercise Your Data Protection Rights
We have taken all necessary and appropriate steps to protect Your personal information and ensure Your rights. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing communications.
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
Applicable data protection laws give You certain rights regarding Your personal information. You may submit a request to exercise your information, access or deletion rights by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to verify your identity to process your information, access and deletion requests. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we will need to verify both your and your agent’s identities and your agent must provide valid power of attorney or other proof of authority acceptable to us in our reasonable discretion. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it. In certain cases, we may be required or permitted by law to deny your request.
12. Children’s Information
The Service is not directed at, and Edistera does not knowingly acquire or receive personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn that any user of the Service is under the age of 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete that individual’s personal information and restrict that individual from future access to the Service.